This page discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for timeanddate.com. It also includes information regarding the processing of privacy information as stated in the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of May 25, 2018.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
We store some personal data in three cases:
- When consent is given by users
- When processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as the basic functionality of our site and services
- When processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as storing payment records
Personal Data We Process
At timeanddate.com, we process some personal data. Below is a description of what, how, and why we gather and store user data.
For all users who visit our website, we store: IP address, pages visited by that IP address, link clicked to get here, browser name and version, and time stamp.
For users who sign in to their account, we also store:
- Your email address (will not be sold nor distributed to any third party unrelated to timeanddate.com)
- Your password (hashed)
- List of log-ins
- Log of changes you made to your account
- Log of API requests made to your account
- Access restrictions, policies and password you set to access APIs
- Addresses and payment methods
- Payment information: either the PayPal address or the last four digits of the credit card used for payment and a log of the steps taken to fulfill your order
- Country of residence and, if submitted, full name and contact info such as street address, state, city, and ZIP/postal code, telephone, fax number for any number of users you might add
- We use Paypal for payments
IP Address and Cookies
Short-lived cookies die when you close the browser. Most long-lived cookies are stored for 10 years (1 year in the EU), to ensure your settings are not lost even if you visit the site infrequently.
When creating an account, you agree to our terms and conditions.
Servers and Content Distribution
Our servers are located in the USA, Germany, Singapore, Australia, and Norway. We also rely on third parties to host our services and our infrastructure.
We take regular backups of our servers. Older backups are stored offline and are only used to recover data after a server crash or other incidents.
We have security measures in place. We will never ask for sensitive information. In the GDPR, “sensitive information” is defined as: “personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.” We recommend you do not add such information to our services.
This site contains links to other sites. timeanddate.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of the linked websites. We use SurveyMonkey for online surveys. We may ask for your contact information, such as your email address. This information is used to contact you if necessary.
Right to Receive Information
As of May 25, 2018, the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides every user the right to receive a copy of the information we have stored about them. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deleting Stored Data
Users have the right to have personal information deleted upon request. If you want your information deleted, such as your account and/or emails you have sent us, please send an email to email@example.com .
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, please contact:Time and Date AS